VeraSci combines innovative science and technology to advance and improve the clinical trials process for many leading pharmaceutical companies. Our flagship product, Pathway, is a fully customizable eCOA platform designed to accommodate multiple cognitive, clinical, and functional outcome measures and provides streamlined data collection, improves the quality of test results, and enables seamless and secure data transfer from clinical sites to our cloud-hosted portal.
As a Software Development Manager at VeraSci, you will help lead a product development team through the design and development of our products and systems using an agile scrum process. You’ll work with our VP of Product Development, Product Manager, scientists, analysts, and users to turn product requirements into high-quality products. Our products run on iOS and Android devices and are built using the latest state of the art technologies including the Ionic Framework, TypeScript, and Angular. Our products are backed by cloud-hosted REST APIs and a web portal built using Microsoft Azure, C# and ASP.Net WebApi.
VeraSci offers great salaries and benefits, and a professional, friendly and challenging work environment. Our technical leadership has over 50 years combined hands-on experience building software products, understand your needs as a developer, and have created an environment where you can grow and learn in your career. Come join our team!
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provides management and oversight of a product development team and efforts.
- Works with product managers, project managers, and development teams to understand project scope, requirements, delivery schedules, and estimates.
- Manages software development processes, tools, quality reviews and enforces best practices.
- Responsible for the quality of the product’s design and implementation.
- Produces software and system designs and guides teams through development.
- Develops software and systems to meet all end-user, functional, performance and regulatory requirements.
- Manages or creates source code, automated tests, software builds and manages deployments.
- Assists with management of our Azure DevOps tool and Azure cloud infrastructure.
- Coordinates with DevOps and Release Management groups for customer deployments.
- Reviews or helps maintain software design and documentation, including, but not limited to:
- SDLC SOPs
- Development and technology standards and processes
- Software/System Architecture & Design specs
- Data models
- UI wireframes
- A minimum of 10 years experience in web or mobile app development, with 3 at the management level
- Demonstrated knowledge of Git, source code management and branching
- Experience establishing DevOps processes, including builds, releases and continuous integration.
- A minimum of 1-year experience using Angular or other SPA framework (Angular 2 or later preferred)
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
- Experience developing in an agile or scrum environment and managing scrum teams
- Experience using Azure DevOps a plus
- Strong knowledge of GAMP, GCP and FDA’s 21 CFR Part 11 a plus
- Knowledge of C-DISC standards or experience with clinical research data a plus