Budget & Financial Analyst
VeraSci is a company located in Durham that specializes in enabling clinical trials research through advanced technologies and neurocognitive measurement. We combine innovative science and technology to advance and improve the clinical trials process for many leading pharmaceutical companies. Our flagship product, Pathway, is a fully customizable eCOA platform designed to accommodate multiple cognitive, clinical, and functional outcome measures and provides streamlined data collection, improves the quality of test results, and enables seamless and secure data transfer from clinical sites to our cloud-hosted portal. We are recruiting for full-time Budget & Financial Analyst to monitor the time keeping and utilization in study programs and technology development. Expertise in Life Sciences and Clinical Trials preferred.
Main Job Responsibilities
- Analysis of project study costs and consulting time
- Analysis of task costs and resources
- Maintenance of cost rates by job/task category
- Collaborate with Accounting, Operations and Contract/Budgets departments in summarizing data from consulting services
- Analyze data derived from company’s timekeeping system and make sure data input matches against budgets
- Provide analytical input on all financial matters including (but not limited to) budgets, forecasts, performance metrics, financial analysis for capital requests, and process improvement initiatives
- Communicate with appropriate internal and external administrative offices to ensure that established procedures are followed
- Assists with ad hoc analysis supports study programs and process improvements as requested.
- Perform ad hoc analyses and assist with special projects or initiatives, as assigned, which vary based on VeraSci’s priorities.
- Interpret, explain, and present financial information to non-financial people.
Education and Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field is required
- 3-5 years of progressively responsible related finance experience required
- Experience in a service/pharma industry is strongly preferred
- Intermediate/Advance knowledge in use of Microsoft Excel is strongly preferred
Interested candidates should submit resumes and cover letter with salary requirements to: email@example.com